Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking different images with each record in a report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick1

Technical User
Oct 3, 2001
US
Greetings,
This must be ultra basic, but I can't figure it out. I need to link different images with each record on a report. I think I can probably use a field to hold the file name, but I can't get the image to appear in the report. Any guidance?
Thanks mucho. Thanks,
Patrick
phmurphy@aol.com

P.S. The actual error I keep getting is "can't find the field...".
I am using the following line of code that I got from the FAQ's on this topic.
Me!Photo1Frame.Picture = "G:\Ecotone\Clients\Colorado DNR\AAA Projects2001\MuellerVEG\ProcessedData&Tables\" & Me![Vegetation_Plots.Photo1] & ".jpg"

[Vegetation_Plots.Photo1] is what I am using to direct the search for the field with the file name.
I checked to make sure the Report was based on the right table.
I checked the table name (Vegetation_Plots), spelling etc.
I checked the field name (Photo1)

Why can't it find the field?

Thanks,
Patrick
phmurphy@aol.com

Ah Ha - I figured it out.
There HAS TO BE A TEXT BOX ON THE REPORT! You can't just reference the field that holds the file name in the table, you have to have a text box ON THE REPORT that has the field assigned to it. Whew. Thanks,
Patrick
phmurphy@aol.com

What type of object do you use to display the picture?

Bound or Unbound Object Frame?

And on which event do you put the code. Perhaps you could just direct me to the FAQ.

Thanks,
Clay Simmons

The FAq was
How to Load a picture in Access form
faq181-279 Thanks,
Patrick
phmurphy@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back