Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Data Tables 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

szaunbr

Technical User
Jul 5, 2006
US
I am working with CR9 and am creating a report. The report consists of two excel worksheets that I am trying to link together.

The report I am trying to create lists almost all employees and their annual salaries. The first excel spreadsheet contains one column labeled SSN and another column labeled Salary.

The second excel report has only one column, SSN. This spreasheet includes all employees SSN's that I do now want to pull into the salary report.

The common link between the two spreadsheets is the SSN, this is not a problem. My problem is that I do not know how to link the two to say, "Include all employees whose SSN doesn't equal one of the SSN's in the second spreadsheet."

Thank you in advance.

I think you could join the tables using a left outer join so that you would be able to see all the SSNs from both tables.
Then in the Select expert, you could use the formula editor to choose only the SSNs if they are null in the second table. Something like-
IsNull ({Table2.SSN})

I hope that helps.
-Shauna

Thank you so much. That worked perfectly. You just saved me hours by not having to exclude those ssn's one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back