Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking BCMs through VOIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

souphmars

Technical User
Oct 28, 2004
US
I will be linking a few BCMs together- i have not ever done this- what is involved? how hard is it? can somebody give a me step by step process maybe?

Linking how? H323 Trunks?

Use CDP, use 4-digit or more DNs,

i am not sure- it will be 4 of them total- they will be on their own at each location, but the just want to be able to call each other without going through the pstn and be able to transfer to each other- there will be 4 voip trunks on each system that is just about all the info i know

Before we help on the programming, we'll need to know whether ur using H323 trunks or SIP trunks?

Will the BCM & IP sets be sharing the data network? If so u need to do a network assessment to verify u have enough bandwidth, etc. You'll then need setup vlans.Each site will need to have it's own unique dialing plan w/ no conflicts w/ the other sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back