Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Avaya and NICE without AES? NPX 2.1 and Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

VERYNICE

MIS
Jun 24, 2010
CO
Linking Avaya and NICE without AES? NPX 2.1 and Digital

Hello

I was wondering about a proposal to link an Avaya PBX with a Nice Express solution without using AES.

The customer will use TDM (digital) for the link without going to IP, so I guess that AES wont be necessary

Anyway I am not very familiar with extension side digital recording, I did many extension side analog recording and as far I know a digital logger can only record all the channels of the ISDN, or some selected channels of the ISDN line.

But can it record selectively the extensions by digital means? Would it be using DIDs?

Nice is offering something like “digital intro for 24 ch” with NPX 2.1

Any hint will be appreciated.

Platform details
Nice perform express 2.1
Communication Manager 4.x
Extension side recording.

|| Thank you very much ||

Hi

Well, I don't think you can do selective recording without an AES server. You can certainly do total recording on digital, analog or IP phones without a CTI server, all you need to do is to har map the extensions on NICE and you're done.

Let me know if you need some more detail.

Regards,

hi verynice. yeah this is achievable with line sensing and d channel.

going away from AES was a financial decision no doubt and with any cut down versions you will have less detail.

The 24 port is a digital extension card - so you will be doing total recording on up to 24 extensions. There is a second line item which will tell you how many actual extensions - these will be under channel licences. You don't need AES in this environment unless you want CTI info / need to support free seating. NPX is able to support AES anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back