Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking An Access Unbound Textbox to Subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoBetter

Technical User
Mar 19, 2007
US
I appreciate all of you experts out there...

I have a db in Access 2003 and was wondering if anyone knows how to link a field from a subreport to an Unbound Textbox.

I have a Master Report name: Master; and a SubReport name: Trial

When I try to link the SubReport to an Unbound Textbox using:
------------------
=[trial]![trial].[firsttable]
------------------

OR by using:
------------------
=[trial].subform![trial].[firsttable]
------------------

...however, I keep receiving an Error# or Name# in the Unbound Textbox.

Is there a way to reference/link information from, a table in, the subform to the Unbound Textbox?

Do you have reports and subreports or forms and subforms? "link" is generally used to describe relating data from one object to another such as "Linking foreign and primary keys" or "Link Master/Child".

If you want to display a value from a subreport on your main report, the generic syntax is:
Code:
   =subrptCtrlName.Report.ControlOnSubrptName

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Thanks dhookom (duane). I appreciate your assistance.

I have a Report and a SubReport... I should have written:

------------------
=[trial].subreport![trial].[firsttable]
------------------

Should have the above code qualified? You appear to have, previously, done this type of linkage or is experienced in this type of linkage that I am trying to accomplish.

If you can't figure out your expression from what I have suggested, you need to provide us with

Name of the subreport control (not the source object):

Name of the control on the subreport:

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Thanks dhookom... I tried the code in my report and it worked like a charm...

Going to a book store to purchase a book to get what you're looking for... Hours of searching...

Researching pages throughout that book just to get the simple answer you're looking for, but still coming up with nothing... Wasted hours...

Asking a question on Tek-Tips and being provided with the correct step-by-step answers... PRICELESS

For

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back