Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking a flash button to a URL without a pop up browser..

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtoMikEnrtiA

Technical User
Aug 25, 2005
US
Alright all - first off allow me to start off by explaining that I havent had the need/necessity/time to continue my flash skills after college - and right now im struggling to remember a bit of code - basically what im doing is creating a button in flash - and using this bit of code .

on (release) {
getURL("}

i am trying to get this webpage to appear without popping up a new window - is there anyways i can do this - i cant for the life of me remember - the code works, its just that it pops up a window, thanks!

- GaRY

No problem..when you select the getUrl there is a dropbox right below where you enter the url. Your choices are: _blank, _self and 2 others you dont need. Just select _self to load into the same browser and _blank to load a new browser window. (you have this setting by default) Both are used over and over. Hey gomango

hey thanks alot - for some reason i just gave myself a brain miscarriage - and the damn thing worked how i wanted it to without any modifications (im such a blonde) but thanks for the assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back