Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking 2 Subforms to a Main form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

qad122

Technical User
Nov 14, 2002
US
Here it goes, and I shall try to be as descriptive as possible. I am new at this access game, and am presently stumped.

I have a main form(Sales Order Form) with a combo box that is a sales query with the fields of SaleID, SaleCustID,etc).
I have two subforms on the main form. One is the customer information subform, with the fields of CustID,CustomerLastName, CustomerFirstName...etc.)With the customer information subform, the Master is the SaleCustID and the Child is the CustID.(Is this correct?)
The other subform is basically the Order subform with the fields of ItemID, ItemSale ID, etc. The Master is the Sale ID and the Child is the ItemSaleID (Is this correct?)

Ok, the combo box called sales query can presently fill both of the subforms. However, I am wanting to add a combo box on the main form specifically for the Customer Information subform, so this way I can easily find and select a customer (without leaving the main form) when entering a new sales order.

Also, I want to add a combo box on the order subform so that I can select a product when entering a product item on the sales form. My stopping point is adding the two additional combo boxes. I have tried querying from tables with no success.

Any suggestions?

A suggestion.

Why not put the combobox on your subform. Instead of using
the default view of datasheet use the view Continues form on your subform properties and then drag the header or footer to make place for the combobox you want to use.

Hope this helps

Richard,

Thanks, that suggestion worked great!

-qad122

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back