Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking 2 Partner ACS Telephone system

Status
Not open for further replies.

1ACS1

Vendor
Feb 12, 2003
US
Does anyone know how to link to Partner ACS's that are at different locations, so they can intercom eachother and transfer calls.

Does anyone know how the 1600 DSL card works?

Hi 1ACS1,
How far apart are these systems? You can link station ports to CO ports on each system via leased lines. You will need other hardware depending on how the lines are configured.
You will not pass any extension information or anything else to the other system (except their voice). I wouldn't call that networking but it might do the trick.
-Chris

just get a couple of OPX's and use them with the single-line ports on each module

Hi baltimore,
That is the intention, we don't know how far we are apart. 1ACS1 may be able to string his own cable and use range extenders with surge blocks.
-Chris

I am still waitng for the sales person to get back to me. Lets asume that it is in a different building 3 blocks away.

Hi 1ACS1,
You will need to use OPX circuits. You need to specify the direction as well. What I mean is that you need X number to originate at one site and terminate at the other and vice-versa. You may need to use off premise range extenders as well. On the bright side, it's cheaper than networking a pair of Magix switches with a PRI (but not as cool).
Hope that helps some,
-Chris

In many parts of the country new OPX circiuts will not be provisioned by the LEC. OPX's already installed are supported though. If you hit this roadblock, or the OPX circuits are way too expensive you may have other options.

Do you have any type of data circuit (i.e. ISDN-BRI, T1, microwave) running between the locations? If so tell us what it is and how you are using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back