Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking 2 IP Offices Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbaits

Technical User
Aug 7, 2013
US
Evening,

We are constructing a new office across the street, half the department is going to stay in the original building with its own IPO Office and the other is moving across the street with it's own IP Office (connected via fiber). They will be on separate networks as well quick overview of IP Schema

original building IP Schema

- 172.18.XXX.XXX - LAN
- 172.25.XXX.XXX - Voice LAN IP Office

New Building

- 172.20.XXX.XXX - LAN
- 172.25.XXX.XXX - Voice LAN IP Office

verified network connectivity both ways to each LAN and Voice LAN with routing rules I put on the sonicwall. I'm having an issue with h.323 from new building to old and vice-versa. I looked at the system status on both ends,

New Building
- IPO Version: 9.1.0.437
- Trunk out of service for the channels
- 0 administered channels
- I have 4 licenses of a group of 4 voice networking channels

Old Building

- IPO Version: 8.1(69)
- Trunk idle for the channels
- SCN: Down
- 20 administered channels
- I have 3 licenses for a group 4 Voice networking channels

Pings from both the IPO on both ends, any advice? I do have the same extensions from the old office IPO on the new IPO for half the people since they wanted to keep there extensions when they moved. I know this could cause a problem but the h323 trunk/SCN should be up. Any suggestions?

So i configured from scratch and set brand new extensions, still same issue. I will check sonicwall for h323 transormations and inspections

Both are turned off on both ends so no luck...

If your system shows SCN down that means that the system does not receive the AVRIP packages from the other system. Could be that some ports are not coming through.
You can use Monitor and enable the AVRIP setting and then you can see if they come through and get sent.
If the IP routes are set correctly then the problem is always the network I am afraid.

I see you mention routing rules set in the Sonicwall, does that mean it is not a VPN and you simply port forward all packages?

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Change the SCN transport type from proprietary to websocket server on one side and client on the other. I've had to do this for several customers after a 9.1 upgrade when the original SCN worked fine at whatever lower release.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Have you made a typo? The 2 voice clans have the same ip range.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Do you own the fiber? If so, running thru sonicwall may be unnecessary and can slow traffic and cause grief.

bbaits, just to back up what others are saying and to keep your attention focused where it needs to be, this is 100% a network/sonicwall issue. If you have clashing IPs as posted that's it, if not it's the Sonicwalls/network...no doubt (assuming you know what you're doing on the IPO) :)

It is possible to have the same IP range in 2 sites but it makes the setup of the network harder and there is no routing as it is a flat network (or it was a typo which we are all familiar with)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I know it's possible, but I doubt that in this case Westi as the data LAN range is different :)

indeed, i dont understand why you have the fibre connected to the sonic walls?

Media converters and plug it into your switches via the dual personality ports.

Job done. Everything can all be on the same network. Heck, just have IP handsets hanging off the original IPO.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

One system on 8.1 and one on 9.1 - hhmm not sure that will work :)

| ACSS SME |

The version does work, I have the same system (9.1) at another remote location and the trunks came up immediately. I'm going to try to create a VPN connection back to the location, the exact same setup I have for 8 other locations. All branches have VPN connections to HQ (hub and spoke model), I will try that and see if that works. If it does, either the firewall is blocking due to our new connection setup through the routing rules with the fiber cable connection or maybe another route I need to add to the IPO?

What I have now in the IPO in routing table for New Building

172.25.130.xxx - Default GW/Sonicwall

Old Building

172.25.87.000 - Default GW/Sonicwall

there isn't a IP address conflict, here is the rest of it below :)

original building IP Schema

- 172.18.87.XXX - LAN
- 172.25.87.XXX - Voice LAN IP Office

New Building

- 172.20.130.XXX - LAN
- 172.25.130.XXX - Voice LAN IP Office

I will try the said above and update as I go.

Thanks for the suggestions!!

I created the VPN connection through the fiber and everything is working dang sonicwall :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back