Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linker for Clipper 5.3 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frans1

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2000
ZA
I have recently upgraded from 5.2e to 5.3. The linker that I used was RTLINK. The documentation talks about Blinker and Exospace. Could somebody tell me what linker I should&nbsp;&nbsp;use on 5.3 and perhaps point me to a site where I can learn more about how to use it. (In English!)<br><br>I have only recently started programming and decided to use Clipper and are still finding my way around it. It's a great package.<br><br>Thanks<br><br>

I'd use Blinker everytime. It is an excellent linker for all versions of Clipper an ad-ons.&nbsp;&nbsp;It is aslo excellent at memory management.&nbsp;&nbsp;I think it can be purchased online from <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> not, e-mail me and I do a widere search

Hello,<br><br> Is Blinker available as a shareware/ freeware.<br><br>I am programming with RTLINK and would like to check the effectiveness with Blinker.<br><br>Please give the site name.<br><br>Thanks in advance<br>Bye.

Why not use rtlink linker bundled with Clipper?&nbsp;&nbsp;I used it<br>in 5.0 and 5.2 without problem.

Hi.
I tried to link my aplication with a library but it give me an error message. I have been triying to use the GT_LIB.LIB but the linker say that Unresolved externals... &quot;CLIPPER520&quot;. I have 5.3 with Exospace, someone can help me ? [sig][/sig]

Blinker and Exospace are two linker bunddled with clipper 5.3. I found Blinker vary much usefull and fast. So use it. there are two drawbacks using this.

1. You cannot use cld. To debug you have to link cld.lib in file section and invoke debugger with ALT-D.
2. Your old lib or obj compiled with lower verson of clipper will not work with it. You have to re compile it and make new lib with new objs
[sig][/sig]

Where can I get a good example of useful menu, you know, a good one that can be used as main menu with sub-options?

[sig][/sig]

Hi

I need to know how can I use the GT and NanFor libraries. I downloaded from the Oasis and there are som instructions that say I have to have borland, C, some others things in order to recompile and obtain as a result my libraries say the instrutions.

I really need those libraries but I do not have what they need.

Someone can help me to get them ?

Please. [sig][/sig]

Where can I get a good example of useful menu, you know, a good one that can be used as main menu with sub-options?

I use a menu system I wrote in clipper. I would be happy to put it up for anyone to use. Some of the code I think was assembler linked in for doing shadows on the menu but the exe program really runs just great now for 10 years.

Here are the specs and a link to the zip file.

This is an old program from ten years ago we still use today.
I had the drives on the novell network as
Drive G had a directory for each user. When the user signed in the directory for that
person was changed to the default. G:\nancy

A batch file on the F:\Public directory for that client was run to do this:

Nancy.bat
g:
cd\nancy
F:
CD\public
MENUBAT

Menubat is the start of the menu loop, it calls ccmenu.exe (the clipper menu program)

Menubat.bat
echo off
cls
G:
f:\public\ccmenu
g:USERBAT

The ccmenu.exe program reads the text file usermnu.mnu

usermnu.mnu

%Nancys Menu
Pic-Tic
pictic
New Billing
newbil
Mat-figure
matfgbat
Split
splitbat
Purchase Orders
purchbat
WORDPERFECT 5.1
wpbat
Materials/Stock
stockbat
Box Inventory
boxbat
Work in Process (NEW)
wipbat1
SHOP
shopbat
PACKING SLIPS
PKSBAT
SHIPPED
shipbat
Jobboard
jobb

menubat.exe reads in the text file usermnu.mnu and stores the text in usermnu.dbf
This file is used to scroll through the options.
The title "Nancys Menu" is preceded by a "%"
The next line is the menu option

the next line is the actual name of the batch file that calls your clipper program
located on drive F:\public

it creates a batch file called userbat.bat

userbat.bat For example if Jobboard above was selected the file would contain:
jobb

So jobb in this case would have the commands in it to run your clipper program

When ccmenu.exe quits it returns control to the original start of the loop, menubat.bat
and it is menubat.bat that calls the newly created userbat.bat that in turn calls your
batch program that in turn calls your clipper program.

Your batch file would look something like this:

jobb.bat
F:
CAPTURE Q=Lj4k_q /S=CCSRV1 /nb /NFF /C=1 /L=1 /ti=10
capture Q=lj4k_q /S=CCSRV1 /nb /nt /NFF /C=1 /L=2 /ti=10
CAPTURE Q=ok320_q /S=CCSRV1 /NB /nt /NFF /L=3 /TI=10
i:
cd\shopdata
jobb
menubat

Remember to put one last line that calls menubat.bat.
Your clipper program ends and returns to your batch file that called it
and you recall menubat as the last line of the menu loop.

I think that's about it.

The zip file is right here with all files needed includes the exe file too.

Just remember if you don't recompile and change the drive structure you will need:
G:\username
F:\public
but you can change them to anything you want if you recompile.

self extrcting zip file.

Use it any way you wish, freeware, actually my first freeware, hey cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back