Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linker error in VC++ 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcostanz

Programmer
May 24, 2001
US
I get this linker error when I try to compile.
I don't know what caused it, I was working on another section and then this started showing up.

Please help me. thanks.

OrdersDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: char const * __thiscall type_info::name(void)const " (__imp_?name@type_info@@QBEPBDXZ)

If you type in LNK2001 in the MSDN Library Visual Studio 6.0 index it will give you information on your error and a list of possible problems. Without the code it's hard to say what the problem is but it could be as simple as a syntax error, eg: leaving out the trailing semi-colon at the end of your class declaration. That messes things up big time. Good Luck! MYenigmaSELF
myenigmaself@yahoo.com

Make sure you have used "DECLARE_DYNAMIC" and "IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC" for your class. I am assuming that OrdersDlg inherits from CObject.

Matt

OrdersDlg is public derived from CDialog.
and adding declare and implement didn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back