Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linked tables & relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

judn

Technical User
Mar 27, 2008
IT
Hi all, is it possibile to create relationships between linked tables (via ODBC to a PostgreSQL 8.1 backend) using
VBA ? I tried with DAO and ADOX, but it always says that
it can't create relationships between linked tables...
Thank you very much
J.N.

Hi

you put the "relationships" in the PostgreSQL 8.1 backend (or whatever backend you are using

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
UK

Yes, of course, relationships are already on the backend database (btw, is "relationships" the wrong term ?)
When using Access as frontend it's very useful to have all the relationships in it, 'cause it speeds up building forms
a lot (I have to create many forms and no time). Using VBA I
can "see" all the relationships, between linked tables, that
I create "by hand". That's why I think it's possible to
create them using VBA.
I forgot to say that the backend is under heavy developement,
so need to delete e relink linked tables (about 50 tables); and everytime I have to re-create relationships by hand: I
just would like to automate this process
Thank you
J.N.

Have a look at the CurrentDb.CreateRelation method.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Thank you for the answer, I already tried with CurrentDb.CreateRelation and it gives me an error about creating relations between linked tables.
Maybe my experience in VBA is not enough, I don't know,
but after a lot of tries ( and some headaches :) ) I decided
to ask help to know if someone can give me an example of successful creation (of relationships between linked tables)
Thank you again
J.N.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back