Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linked Table Source 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taff07

MIS
Jul 18, 2001
GB
Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me out on this one :)

I have a number of linked tables within my front end database linking directly to the backend.

What I need/want to do is to change though VBA the database path for each of these linked tables so they all point to a new folder path for the database.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

Thanks

Ian

Look up the TableDef object, its Connect property, and its RefreshLink method.

Caution: The Connect property is unusual in that, when you set it, you don't use a complete connect string. Access (actually, Jet) adds something to what you assign to it. So after you set it, it won't equal the string you assigned to it.

Correct format of a Jet table connect string when you assign it to the Connect property: &quot;;DATABASE=<filepath.mdb>&quot;. Rick Sprague

Rick,

Cheers that did the trick. I was almost there, but for some reason completely missed the refresh link coomand which was holding me back. That`ll teach to work to late on it :)

Thanks again.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back