Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linked Combo Box Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerSand

Technical User
Oct 25, 2000
US
My task, as I understand it, is to use two combo boxes to enter data for two fields in a table. The first combo box is called "Source Reference" -- it's the titles of the documents from which the user has taken some information. The combo box list is to display distinct titles as the user adds records to the table. I have no trouble to this point -- I simply tie the combo box to a select query, add the word "distinct" at the appropriate place on the row source property, and requery after update.

Here is the problem: The user wishes the next combo box --"Source Date" (the date of the document entered in the Source Reference combo box) -- to automatically display the date if he/she selects a Source Reference that he/she has already entered. The Source Date combo box should be empty -- ready for entry of a date -- only if the Source Reference just entered was a new one.

I'm stumped, and would be grateful for any help.

Thanks.

JerSand

If I get you right.....

In the "After Update" event of your combo box add this code
Me.yourfield = Me.Source Reference.Column(#)

( # = the column with the data you want to populate with)

Thanks, FEDSEC. I'll give it a try. I'm grateful.

JerSand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back