Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link two existing forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

janwills

Programmer
Apr 3, 2002
US
I have created two separate forms and now I want to link them. How do I do that without creating a new form?

you will need to give a little more detail on what you mean by linking them

Just like a form and a subform are linked by a tables that have a relationship, I want to have two separate forms that are linked by two tables that have a one to one relationship. I have a button on the first form that when clicked will bring up the second form. I would like the fields on the second form to populate automatically based the common field. Does this make any sense?

You will probably have to use VBA. Do you know anything about VBA?

If you use the wizard to create the command button that brings up the second form it usually gives you an option to "open up form and find specific data to display" Did you see this?

Thank you autex! The wizard worked in creating the command button that does EXACTLY what I want. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back