Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

link to PMS down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotelBoy

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2004
US
My Meridian 1 Option 11 isn't checking guests into rooms and the GAC terminal isn't working. I've tested all the links on the PMS side and everything is working fine. I initialied the switch, sill no link. Any suggestions?

I may need mor details but when you say your GAC
Guest admin terminal this is on your mer mail????
if this is so sounds like your utility card on the
mer mail is locked up this controls your PMS link
that talk to the hotel equipment and your GAC terminal
also your admin terminal but they all are on seperate
ports..if you are running this equipment then I would
reboot the mermail card option because the utility
card will not allow you to disable and re-enable because
your admin terminal is on the card and it will not alow
you to disable the card because of that so you have to
reboot the mail....happen to me once because the hospitality folks were messing around with there equip and
hosed up my links. took me awhile to figure it out but thats what it was...

Thanks for replying!

The GAC Terminal is located at the front desk. The main terminal is in the switch room on the 2nd floor. I've tried rebooting MerMail and the entire switch but to no avail. Should I try anything else?

You know an option 11 is alittle different than the EC mail. But you could look in here... Login under Tools
and your admin password and look at the link monitor
I think it is choise number 11 or 13 . while monitoring
the link chk in and out and see if the data is flowing
and in what direction that it is going. Also do some maid
commands like Spree + 863 look at the links.
Can you put a terminal on the port in the switchroom. Are you using the nortel GAC terminal to check in and out with?
or do you have another company's PMS system?
could there be a wire issue to the front desk ? how far is it? are you using short haul?
need to isolate the trouble by checking the meridian with a dumb terminal in the switch room have you done that?
On the big switch there are two links.. one is to the front desk and the other is from the mail to the switch.
The front desk check in a guest through the link to the mail and then the mail lets the switch know. So it could be either link. If you do some maid commands you should see them go the opposite way as the GAC on the links.
Look for the ACK and NAk on the links from the equipment also... ACK=equipment recieved info/ NAK =Didn't recieve

This is tough.

The GAC terminial is provided by Nortel. It is located at the Front Desk. If I do CTRL+R, I get nothing. The connection in the back is tight and secure. I will do what you suggested and look at the link monitor.

It's starting to get tough now because when you transfer a call to a room, they get the recording "THIS ROOM IS NOT CURRENTLY OCCUIPIED. YOUR CALL IS BEING TRANSFERED TO THE HOTEL OPERATOR. ONE MOMENT PLEASE".

Thanks for all your help and appreaciate all you can do for me! If you'd like maybe I can call you and we can go through some testing while I'm up in the switch room this way we don't have to go back and forth with email?

If you don't already have this repaired, Hook up a computer or laptop with hyperterminal or procomm to the GAC port and make sure it's not your terminal that's sick. I have several GACs that I take care of, so we should be able to get you going if you your are still down.

Hello there. Sorry about jumping in on your post. but i could not get one of my own to post, and i need some advise.
I had a Meridian mail server dumped in my lap and i need to back help on commands and is there GUI software for this. Please help and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back