Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

link to extern css file

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanhell

Programmer
Jan 28, 2002
AT
Why <link rel=&quot;stylesheet&quot; href=&quot;foo.css&quot; type=&quot;style/css&quot;> work with Konquerer and IE but not with Mozilla?
Or is there a other way to do that?

thx,
vanHell

I just opened some page with external css in Mozilla 0.9 (on Windows) and it works. There's no any reason that this won't work.

Perhaps you have placed this in the wrong part of the document? This link must go in the <HEAD> section. I think IE tends to be more forgiving with this??
Cheers, Neil

thx,

Hmm, ok it should work with Mozilla. I think I should ask on the Mozilla news groups abaut a bug ...

Its not a bug what probably is happening is that your web server is sending the styleshet at text/plain mime type rather than text/css like it should...thus mozilla won't parse the stylesheet. The other browsers get this one wrong...

has some more info on it. ===
Supports Mozilla and Web Standards
Knows HTML/XHTML, CSS1, JavaScript, PHP, C++, DOM1
===

thx :)

I think this is the problem
I hope I find a way to fix my Apache ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back