Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link to Dbase IV with SQL Server 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonnieJohnson

Programmer
Apr 16, 2001
US
Can this be done? I know dbase IV is old. Can you create a linked server to this file format? I need to run a script to update some data that I run on some of our sql server tables on a dBase IV table.

ProDev, Builders of Affordable Software Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

Hello drlex,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I did actually. Found it in a Google search. I did not see the jet provider. Figured I needed to install something which may be more work than what I need all this for. Thanks. I was hoping for a more simple solution through Enterprise Manager.

Visit me at ==>

This link may help you

[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.dbforums.com/microsoft-sql-server/1214500-linked-server-sql-dbase-db4.html[/url]

----------------------------------------

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Bernard Baruch

Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes - EW Dijkstra
----------------------------------------

Thanks SQLScholar,

I will try that as soon as possible. I am in the Midwest and the snow storm has knocked out my computer at work and I have lost my remote connection.

Visit me at ==>

Thanks SQLScholar,

I went to that link and it did not help. Looks like they could not get it to work after reading through the posts. I tried it too and was a no go for me either. I appreciate the tip though. I will keep looking.

Visit me at ==>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back