Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link to Access 2000 in HTML page

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclipse33

Programmer
Apr 13, 2001
CA
Hi,

I want to open an Access 2000 database with a link on a local HTML page.

<a href=&quot;Links\mydatabase.mdb&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;>MyDatabase</a>

When I use the above code I get the Windows box &quot;Open this from current location OR Save it to disk&quot;

Any ideas how to link to the Access project without the pop-up?

Thanks in advance
eclipse33

If you double-click on an mdb file in explorer on the same computer, does Access open ? Water is not bad as soon as it stays out human body ;-)

Yep...opens fine when I double click on it.

In general, when this kind of popup opens, it's due to the mime type of your file. Check in your registry if the .mdb extension is associated with a mime type. If no mime type is defined in your registry, the &quot;open/save as&quot; popup will always open. So try to check your registry. By the way, this method has a big default, you'll have to modify the registry of all the client machines that'll open your page. Water is not bad as soon as it stays out human body ;-)

if you want to show the data in the access file, you could use ASP to get this info...

I have a small IT portfolio done in HTML.

I have screenshots of an Access 2000 program that I did at a prior job...I just want to have a link in HTML that will open the Access database on my harddrive. Like...

<a href=&quot;Links\mydatabase.mdb&quot;target=&quot;_blank&quot;>MyDatabase</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back