Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link table problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andypara

Programmer
Apr 25, 2002
GB
I have three tables, employee, training and a link table emp_train which contains foriegn keys for both the training and employee table.

I need to be able to double click on the employee_nr field and execute a query that shows all training courses completed by that employee.

Do I need a data block for all three tables? In Forms 5 I just used to put TRAINING, EMP_TRAIN in the Query Data Source Name property field for the data block, and then the appropriate where clause. I only used to have a data block for TRAINING and EMPLOYEE. This applicatin used to work fine in Forms 5 but now I've upgraded to 6 it throws an error saying "column ambiguousely defined".

Please help.

You must have two columns the same name in each of your tables TRAINING and EMP_TRAIN. Can you change the name of the duplicate column(s) in one of the tables?

Hi Lewisip,

Thanks for the suggestion. Although all column names are different.

I've actually just contacted Oracle Support and the problem was due to a property called Key Mode that needs to be set to Upadateable when the data block is based on two tables. This removes the ROWID column from the query, which was causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back