Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link SQL Server tbl to mySQL Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBCDS

Technical User
Apr 6, 2001
CA
I have a SQL server database that contains an Employee table. Our client uses mySQL. Our client needs to link our Empoyee table to thier mySQL database.
Does anyone know how to accomplish this task?

Let me know if I'm not being descriptive enough.

Thnx, Dan [pc3]

Thanks for your post, I've been searching the web endlessly for a solution. Do you know of any reliable 3rd party vendors we should consider?

Dan

Have you tried installing MyODBC on the MS SQL Server and creating a connection to the relevant MySQL database?

Then you could link tables from within the SQL Server database to the MySQL table.

If your customer expects a ms Access kind of behavior from MySQL then iut can't be done. When we talk about database servers there is no linking of database or tables.

An odbc driver allows to import thedatabase but it won't keep a open link in between two different servers nor it will keep the two synchronized without an appropriate commercial software.

I wouldn't know if there is anyone worth spending money on.

Bye

Qatqat

Life is what happens when you are making other plans.

Thanks guys, I've been getting the same result from every source I've been searching.

Dan [pc3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back