Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link Highlight Postitioning Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSedlacek

Programmer
Oct 5, 1998
US
I know just enough about Flash to get me into trouble...and here's proof.

I purchased a Flash template and modified it with my images and information. Everything looks good except for one thing. I have some links at the top of the page that when you rollover them with your cursor the highlight size is the wrong size and the active link is not in the correct position. I'm sure this occurred when I changed the text of the link on the template. I've tried changing what I thought was the solution, but I think I just made it worse.

Can anyone tell me where to start?

The site is located at...

The links are near the top of the main page. They are titled ARCHITECTURE, ACTION and NATURE.

The rollover highlights on the "About Me" page and "Contacts" page also appear to have shifted to the left.

Appreciate any help you can give me.

Regards,
Randy

More like the original template.

I certainly don't have a problem paying someone to fix this...especially if it takes a few hours. However, I am surprised that it would take that long. Sure didn't take me that long to mess it up. But I guess that's what happens when you start messing with something you know little about.

I'd also like to know how to fix this on my own. I'm trying to learn Flash as I go, so just having it fixed doesn't really help me learn.

Anyway, how much would you actually charge me to fix this?

Well had another look... And you've made to much awkward changes/edits, for me to re-edit your own .fla...

I must start over using the original template's .fla...

If I do so, I can grab your own pictures & texts from your .fla, but I'd need all the font files, most likely provided to you with the original template, or failing that the font files that you used in your own re-edit...

You'd have to mail them to me...

Of course, this is a lot more work than expected, and would cost you more...
If you're still interested, I can provide that new cost figure through mail...

Regards. FLASH HELP - OPENED FOR BUSINESS!
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

Well...I can do that myself. Just thought there might be an easier way than starting all over. Didn't take me that long to modify it to start with...probably one afternoon at the most.

Thanks for looking at it though.

If anyone else has any ideas please let me know. I really feel that there has to be someone out there who can quickly tell me how to re-position and re-size these links.

Can someone out there teach me?

As I stated earlier, these templates are usually very poorly coded, and this one is no exception...

I couldn't myself, describe in a few simple lines, what I have done to fix it... Check your mail, for a link...

You mainly need to duplicate a few symbols and replace them in the larger title movie clips as architecture... And then position the other title clips according to the new width of the larger title clip, and that must be done on every single keyframe of those moving into place clips... But that's much easier said than done...

Good luck!

Regards. FLASH HELP - OPENED FOR BUSINESS!
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

Still looking for help with this. I want to learn what the problem is and how to correct it...not have someone simply fix it.

Can someone teach me "how to fish" instead of giving me a fish?

So are you suggesting that I need to use a different lure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back