Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LINK FIELDS FROM TABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajdesigns

Technical User
Jan 26, 2001
GB
Hi
I have a report with 2 tables. order table & customer table (these are linked on the customer no, left outer with order table being the primary),I need to select an order no from the order table,and display the customer address from the order table and the invoice address from the cust table both tables have the fields customer no, invoice customer no,with address fields.Because the link is on customer no it is populating both addresses with the customer address based on the customer no. can I have a formula to say give me the address of the invoice customer?

CR does not work in the way you describe.All fields are tagged with their table name so it doesn't matter if fields have the same name on 2 or 10 tables.
If you have the same data in two places in your report it's because you put it there.
When you select the fields for your report you choose which table they come from, so it sounds like you have not selected the fields from the order table that you need.

Use the field explorer to select the correct fields and replace the incorrect fields in your report.

thanks for the reply.
What I have is 2 tables order & customer both tables have the fields customer no, invoice customer no, address 1,address2,address3,address4.I have to put the customer address and the invoice address on the same report, if I put the cust no and the inv cust no on the report I get 2 different no's how can I say if this is the cust no give me the corresponding invoice cust address .Both address's are there but because I linked on customer no i get the cust address in both.

I did try linking in this way from order table, cust no to cust table cust, invoice customer no but found no data so i reversed the link order table, invoice customer no to cust table order no and its sorted .For some reason the data is not in the cust table . This is something I will have to look into regards
AJD

I suggest you create a simple list based on the two tables linked using the invoice customer no to customerid and one field from each table (?recordids), to establish that the link works OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back