Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link field with image path to OLE Object !? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

antoniojesus

Programmer
Oct 27, 2000
PT
Hi, There
Thanks for reading this
Her's the thing,

I have a database with a field called PATH that contains
the path to a image file, for each record the image changes
i want to be able to view each image in my OLE Object,
but i don't know how to make the OLE change for each record
presented in the Report !?
And i can not import the images to the database since there
are 12.000 of them.

Help would B very much apreciated,
Antonio Jesus

Antonio,

There is no way within the report.

Maybe possible if you are running the report from the RDC, since you have access to all sorts of properties that you can manipulate in your VB code.

Are you using the RDC to run the report?
Ken Hamady

I use the ActiveX Designer within the VB 6 to create the reports and visualize them in the CRViewer, Honestly i don't know what RDC is. Started with CR a week Ago.

Is there a way with RDC ? how can i acomplish this ?
Is there a way of acessing the report properties while it's beeing build ?

Thanks very much for your reply

Antonio Jesus

I'm working with CR and VB 6 also and have a same kind of problem. But with me the pictures are shown:

I use an image-control (ICROleObject) on the report. The filename and pathname are generated by VB. I fill in the picture with
the formattedpicture-command:

set Rpicture_Picturename.formattedpicture = loadpicture ("c:\directory\picture").
It works. But only with certain file-formats. I'm using gif and BMP for instance.

My problem is finding out the size of the pictures. I'm looking for a way to extract the exact height and length of a picture

Antonio,

The RDC is another name for the Active X designer, which is often confused with the simpler OCX, active X Control.

The RDC has the most extensive object model, and every report object has available properties. You will have to review the object model to see if there is a path property for this OLE object. Check the Developers Help File. Ken Hamady

This is nirmal Jaluka

I also facing the same problem means i am not finding the way to instert the picture in Crystal report 6 or Crystal Report 7.

Where i can find the image-control (ICROleObject) in the crystal report.

Help would B very much apreciated

regards
nirmal

Dear guyz,
I am also facing the same problem.
I have to print certificates with photographs in them.
How can I refresh these photographs by specifying the path or so...as Storing them in database is out of question.
Pls help me .. this is urgent.
Nirmal, Antonio.. did you succeed?
best of luck
regards
jack_

Hi to everyone,

I have the Path of the image in oracle database, and I have to change the picture in report if the path changes.
I have inserted OLE object on report as “Insert from file”; for the file I have put “c:\Potpis.bmp” (because “c:\ “ is path that every computer has to have) and checked ON link.
Before running the report I simply copy the picture which is written in Database to c:\potpis.bmp
(FileCopy DB_Path, "c:\Potpis.bmp")

btw I'm using crystl32.ocx to run reports from app.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back