Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

link error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOMMER

Technical User
Apr 12, 2001
US
I have a workbook with my products history. Someone made a link from another workbook. When I open my workbook it can't find the link someone made in my workbook. I just want to remove this link but can't find the cell it's in. I looked every where. How can I remove this link if I don't know what cell it's in. Please help.

Try using the Replace (under Edit) and search for the filename it is looking for.

This problem has burned me a number of times.

If you have checked everything possible, and don't mind fixing a cell or two afterwards, try using this "large hammer" approach:

Select Edit Links, highlight the link shown in the window. Now Change Source to the same file you have open, not the one previously linked. Now the link will go away.

I have pasted entire sheets as values, etc. etc. but Excel seems to sometimes remember links to a file that no longer exist within a cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back