Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link 2 Fields in ACT 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainingCnsrtm

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2007
US
I would like to have a field on my oportunities reflect what is in one of the fields in my contact screen...is this possible?

I just want to have one of the fields on the opportunity show information from one of the fields in the contact screen so when the management is looking at the opportunity screen, it will show them the record manager on the contact not just the record manager on the opportunity.

Ahh... so you want the Contact's Record Manager field auto copied to a Sales Op field. What version of ACT!? the Premiem version has more functions to customise Sales Ops fields... so this might not be possible unless you have the Premium version.

But try one of these guys and see if they have something to do this:

- Gilles

- Geoff

Susanne

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

I am running Act Premium 2008 (EX)

I would prefer not to buy any add-ons (it's just not cost effective), any other ideas?

Nothing else I can think of... unless you can program?

If you use Crystal Reports, you could create a report with that info?

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Maybe add the feature to have Contact fields available from the Opportunity List view?

Sage are always looking for new ways to make ACT! a better product to use. Suggestions are a valuable way to ensure that you get the most out of your software.

To send feedback directly to management about enhancing ACT!, they have a web page that you can specifically do this at:

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

So anyone wanting to voice their opinions, should take advantage of this way to register your desires for product enhancements to be considered for inclusion in future versions.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back