Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lining up text objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

bujin

MIS
Oct 2, 2000
GB
I have to say that Crystal Reports is the WORST program I have ever used at lining up the objects. Someone please tell me there is a method where I can manually enter the top,left coordinates of the object (e.g. a text line or formula) like in MS Access Reports. It's getting on mey nerves when the 'snap to grid' completely mis-aligns the text objects. Or if anyone has any suggestions that may help, they would be gratefully appreciated.

I'm using CR6, by the way.

I, too, have suffered through these same frustrations. Good news on the horizon. Version 8 has align features somewhat similar to Access that makes the job a lot easier. Drawback, you have to upgrade.

Keoki
gb@cardinalhill.org

V6 has guidelines for aligning objects. The problem is that they are invisible unless you set them visible in File Options. They also compete with the "Snap To Grid" which is Why I shut off the "Snap To Grid".

You can add a guideline (vertical or horizontal) by clicking on the rulers. Then the edges of the fields in a row or column will "snap" to the guideline.

Coordinate positions don't come until V8.
Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

Just a tip for those using guidelines - while they are useful for report design, they can distort the alignment of reports that are printed from the web. This is true for v7, haven't been able to confirm it for v8. If this distortion in printing from the web occurs, just remove the guidelines before you publish the report on the web. Malcolm
wynden@telus.net
November is "be kind to dogs and programmers" month. Or is that "dogs or programmers"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back