Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lines with Z axis

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredLHA

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2004
US
Help please,
I have a 2D dwg that I started from scratch (using my own custom template), after a few days of work I discovered lines with Z axis (lenght/size) lines, Im wondering if maybe I have a variable on that causes this or maybe Im using a command that changes the axis from 0 to a new lenght/size, also cross my mind that maybe the files are getting corrupted somehow. Since this is not the first time that this happen to me, at the end of the day I run a lisp call FLATTEN to solve this problem, but not always work 100%.
Does anyone have an idea of what am I doing wrong!

Fred C.

are the z-axiz values a 'nice' number?
ie. could they have been accidently typed in when creating the line ex. from 0,0,0 to 0,0,5 ??

Kevin Petursson

I have a mind like a steel trap!
Nothing gets in,
Nothing gets out!
Just waiting for it to rust!

If some elements have a z elevation and you are using snaps/osnaps in drawing new entitites, they will take on the z elevation of the snap point. Also your "elevation" setting could be other than 0.

Hi Kevin,
The values on half of the elements is a 'nice' number z=47/128, the other half is z=0'-0"

Carl,
My elevation is set to 0'-0". About "If some elements have a z elevation and you are using snaps/osnaps in drawing new entitites, they will take on the z elevation of the snap point.", I don't get this part, can you please explain again.

Thank you guys for all your help!!!!

Fred

If you draw a line using an object snap such as "endpoint", the new line endpoint will take on the z value of the endpoint you snapped to. Also copying items using osnaps with "z values" will proliferate "non zero" z values. Don't get me wrong, it is good practice to use osnaps, but this is how having an elevation on an entity can spread into new entities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back