Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lines ringing without appearing on phones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roldan

Vendor
Jul 11, 2002
US
I've got a customer that has the 6 button phones, but they have 6 lines total. With the 6 buttons you can only have 4 lines appearing correct? Because 2 buttons are Intercom buttons. How do I set up these phones to ring without the lines appearing on keys,like on the Norstar's Ring only setting.

If you have a Partner II or an ACS, put the system in the "pool" mode. On a P-II, it is a turn switch on the processor, on an ACS it is #198-tnecul-2. Then assign the lines to pool 880, and put the set in pool mode. The buttons where line 1 and 2 normally appear become pool buttons. Only issue is putting calls on hold and picking up elsewhere, now calls need to be transferred, or parked and picked up.

TouchToneTommy,

How does the Park feature work, I'm working with an ACS by the way. I work on mostly Norstars, but have recently started working on the Partners alot more frequently and have picked up on them very well. Does the park feature work the same as the Norstar where it gets parked to a "Park Extension" and is retrieved by an Intercom path by dialing the "Park Extension"?

Tommy, could you use park with a 6 button set? No lcd to tell of parked line...

On a Partner, to park a call, you Transfer it to your OWN extension number. To retreive it, you dial Intercom 6 and the extension number that parked it. If you are using a bunch of 6-buton sets, you could program the sets to select intercom first, and the two unused buttons to be park and pickup. For park, the button would be "Left Interom and its own extension number" (and you might want to put a piece of black electrical tape over the LED so that you don't have to watch it light up when you are off hook on your phone), and for the pickup button, you would program "left intercom-6", which leaves the user to dial the particular pickup code. While the call is parked, the call will blink on hold at the parking station, and will ring back after a couple of minutes.

Also, if someone else with a Key Mode phone, who can see all the lines puts a call on hold and hollers for you to pick up line X, you would dial Intercom-6-8- and the two digit line number (like 01 for line 1, 02 for line 2, etc.) If you have less than 10 lines, I usually tell the customer the pickup code is Intercom-6-8-0 and the line (1, 2, 3, etc.)

Hi TouchToneTommy,
Excellent instructions on parking a call. The only thing to watch on using the pickup-held-line code (68XX) is that some systems are not in order. What appears as line 2 may be line 7 or the like.
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back