Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lines, Pools, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

iggbarn

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2008
US
I am new to programming the Merlin Magix system. I have a four port card (801,802,803 and 804). I want to assign the first three lines to a pool and leave the 804 by itself. How do I create a pool of the first three and then assign it to buttons on phones?

First - you need to set the system to Hybrid/PBX mode (under system program, start, system, mode, Hybrid/PBX and press enter - the system will start).

This will assign ALL lines to a single pool - Pool 70. Next you need to go into System Program, Start, Lines/Trunks, Pools - keyin 70 and press enter - press entry mode - and delete line 804 by keying in 804 and pressing delete.

Lastly you need to assign Line 204 to whatever extentions will have it - under system program, start, extentions, lines/trunks - keyin ext number, press entry mode - keyin 804 and press enter. Repeat for any other extention that will have line 804.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

o.k. Thanks for your help. Now, I have another related issue.

I want the user to pick up the phone, press 9 and have a line. Right now, when you do so you get the generated dial tone but when you try to dial a number you get a fast busy signal.

If I select the 801 line button, I can get a line, but I want it to get a line by pressing 9.

That means you have "dead" lines in your pool of lines. What actual modules are installed in the system?? If you have a 408 GS/LS MLX module - is there just one or more? Are there any other line modules? You can go into programming: menu, system program, start/exit, lines/trunks, pool, keyin 70 and press enter - then press entry mode and press the Inspect button. What lines show up? If it is just 810, 802 and 803 - you are OK. If additional lines show up - you need to delete them - be pressing back/exit - and then keyin each line number that does not belong and press delete. After deleting them press Inspect again - and only lines 801 thru 803 should show up.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

I have checked that all the lines are fine in the 70 pool. When you pick up a phone and press 9, you get a dial tone and when you try to dial anything, you get a "call denied" error. I must be missing something simple?

That means that the extension is restricted from making the call that you have dialed.

There are several places to check for this, including Toll Rectriction, ARS Restriction, Forced Account Code.

Use WinSPM to print the Extension Info, and post it here.

----- Site: MacKellar Plant. Captured: 05/14/08 -----
EXTENSION INFORMATION

Extn SS/PP Type
119 1/ 3 4406D+

CTI Link : No Alarms: ACTIVE
Pool Access : 70
Page Group :
Primary Coverage :
Secondary Coverage :
Coverage Group : 30
Group Coverers : 770
NS Groups :
Auxiliary Work Time : NOT ACTIVE
Group Calling Member: 771
Group Calling Log In:
Pickup Groups :
Allowed Lists :
Disallowed Lists : 7
Restrictions : UNRESTRICTED
ESS Sup. Status : NOT ACTIVE
ESS Restrictions : ESS-0 - NO RESTRICTION
Auto Callback : OFF
Call Waiting : ON
Abbreviated Ring : ON
Line Preference : ON
Shared SA Ring : ON
Receive Voice Calls : ON
Coverage Inside : ON
Forwarding to :
Delay Forwarding : 0
ARS Restriction : 0
Forced Account Code : No
Microphone Disable : No
Rotary Enable : No
Remote Forward Allow: No
Trunk Transfer Allow: No
NS Exclusion : No
Voice Announce Pair : No
Voice/Data Pair : No
BIS/HFAI : No
Language : English
Authorization Code :
2B Data Port : No
Primary Ring Delay : 2
Secondary Ring Delay: 2
Group Cover Delay : 3
HotLine Extension : No
Networking and ISDN Display Preference: BOTH
Service Observer:
Service Observing Group:
EXTENSION INFORMATION

Extn SS/PP Type
119 1/ 3 4406D+

Button 34 *21 Blank Status None
Button 33 *21 Blank Status None
Button 32 *21 Blank Status None
Button 31 *21 Blank Status None
Button 30 *21 Blank Status None
Button 29 *21 Blank Status None
Button 28 *21 Blank Status None
Button 27 *21 Blank Status None
Button 26 *21 Blank Status None
Button 25 *21 Blank Status None
Button 24 *21 Blank Status None
Button 23 *21 Blank Status None
Button 22 *21 Blank Status None
Button 21 *21 Blank Status None
Button 20 *21 Blank Status None
Button 19 *21 Blank Status None
Button 18 *21 Blank Status None
Button 17 *21 Blank Status None
Button 16 *21 Blank Status None
Button 15 *21 Blank Status None
Button 14 *21 Blank Status None
Button 13 *21 Blank Status None
Button 12 *21 Blank Status None
Button 11 *21 Blank Status None
Button 10 *21 Blank Status None
Button 9 *21 Blank Status None
Button 8 *21 Blank Status None
Button 7 *21 Blank Status None
Button 6 *21 Blank Status None
Button 5 *47 Do Not Disturb Status Off
Button 4 *21 Blank Status None
Button 3 *18 SysAcc-OO Ring Status None
Shared System Access:

Button 2 *16 SysAcc Voice -I Status None
Shared System Access:

Button 1 *16 SysAcc Voice -I Status None
Shared System A

Your extention is included in "Disallowed List" 7 - which is normally set for the voicemail system ports. This list disallows most calls. You need to remove this extention and any other regular extentions from this list.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

ARS Restriction : 0

is the culprit - Find ARS Restriction under the Extensions menu, and change it to 3.

mmmm. I made the change and still have the "call denied" error. It turns out several lines had 70 setup as a personal line, so I removed those as well and still have the error. Any other thoughts?

There is another area that can cause problems; it has to do with night servcie restrictions. If the system is in night service, you can restrict the system and then have to create an exception list for people who are allowed to call. If for any reason this switch is in night service when this happens, it is worth a look. I am fuzzy on the details, but someone here will know what I am talking about. Again, ONLY an issue if this happens while in night service mode.

Your extention will still be in "Disallowed List" 7 - until you remove it - and will not work for many outbound calls.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

It does seem to be something related to the ARS. How can I disable it all together for all extensions?

Are you in Hybrid/PBX mode or KEY mode? The reason the above extention has an ARS of zero - is because at some point it was mis-programmed as a voicemail extention port. That is also why it is also included in Disallowed Group 7. You need to change the ARS restriction for this extention from 0 to 3 - and also remove it from Disallowed Group 7.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

That was it! Thank you so much for your help!!!!!

Tom,
you said it three times before iggbarn got it....guess some folks just dont get it!! I saw the ARS restriction but missed the Disallowed Group...good call!!! :)

Also iggbarn would do better by downloading the manuals for the Magix from support.avaya.com and actually read them.

All of this is covered in the manuals...

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back