Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lines not disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleman

Vendor
Mar 14, 2003
CA
Have a customer with a new Mics/ 5.0 software. System has been in for 2 weeks and lines keep going dead, one or two a day. Lines have to be manually released from lockout at CO. After lots of head scratching I believe what is happening is the staff at this resort are ending calls, but not hanging up the call and taking next call. The previous call is going on hold with no one on it. After awhile, when the line has been on hold for sometime, it is usually dead. I've checked that full auto hold is not on, supervision is on. Why is the system just not dropping the line??
Thanks for any imput.
Teleman

Go into your line setting and set up the line for supervision. By default the line are setup as unsupervised. This means dont look for a disconnect signal from the phone company. Setting it up as sepervised should take care of this problem (as long as the phone company is sending you disconnect. If you have any question feel free to ask.

Richard S. McCranie
CoMatrix Southeast
richm@comatrix.com

AS I tried to tell Ma Bell it was their problem, it took 1 1/2 weeks for them to finally amitt that the DMS 10 switch out at the road did not support disconnect supervision. Numerous days and swapping out software and equipment, they could have saved me a lot of headachs.

Teleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back