Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lines not disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawford74

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2005
US
BCM400 3.6

When I use the BCM Monitor tool I see lines that have been connected for days. I go out to the d-mark and test the lines and they have dial tone. What I do to fix this is reset the BCM.

I don't like doing that during buisness hours.....

What sort of lines?

How many are locking up all or a few.

Marshall

only 2 of 6 CO lines

Line064 in use by user L70
Line070 is use by user L64

Didn't know if that means anything or not....

What have you set your line settings as loop guarded or loop unguarded. Is there a voicemail involved any where.

Marshall

Are you sure it say's in use???

It will show the last call that was made on that trunk until a new call or a reload clears it.

Looking at the way the lines tie each other up are you sure you not doing trunk to trunk transfer (call div ext)

I have had issues with the GATM8 modules in the past with line lock ups and it has always had voicemail in the mix somewhere. If not contact your PSTN provider and see what the clear down disconnect timer is set to.

Marshall

My line settings were set to Earth Calling. I changed them to Loop guarded. So far it has fixed my problem.

Thanks for all replies!!!!!

Ya I'm having the same problem with a GATM 4
Once I pulled the jumpers off the GATM ports and punched them back down they worked fine.

Loop guarded did not work for me. Had to change back to earth calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back