Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lines in Use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EduardoYus

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2005
US
We have a BCM 200 3.6 with a PRI. I would like to see how many of the PRI channels are in use at any given time.

We keep adding users and I suspect we are going to run out of external lines soon. Unfortunately there is no room on the BCM 200 for another PRI card and are faced with upgrading to a 400 but codes are not transferrable (different thread).

I looked around BCM Monitor and could not see this. Any ideas ?

Thanks.

BCM Monitor does show what lines are in use (Live time)

You must be looking in the wrong place.

It works for me on all 60 of my BCM's.

If the lines are ISDN 30e in the UK or Europe you will only get the info from the UIP on the bus 07 or whatever bus. You only get the line info on ISDN30 or DASS lines.

Marshall

It certainly does not show them under "Line Monitor", I assume they would be listed if they were POTS.

Under "UIP", if I choose Bus 6, PRI, I see the detail of the signaling going over the PRI. I was hoping to see something similar to the "Usage Indicators" where you could tell how many of the 23 available circuits are in use at any given time.

The system will only display the UIP info for ISDN 30. The only way you could get the info regarding how many lines are being used is to look at the module under resources. Problem will be the screen you see is not realtime and needs to be refreshed. It is a snap shot at the time of how many lines are in use.

Marshall

Do you mean under "BCM Administrator", Resources, Media Bay Modules, Bus 6, Modules on Bus, Module 1 ?

It shows:
Module Type: PRI
# of lines/loops: 1
busy lines/loops: 1

It does not show the individual channels.

I don't know how I'm doing it but My line Monitor show's.

1-4 VOIP = 4 Trunks
61-83 PRI = 23 Channels
91-92 CMT4 = 2 of the 4 availbale on card

I'm using ver 36.0.10.27 of the BCM Monitor and it works for me.

Quote "Yeah that is the one but like you say it does not show individual channels. I thought it told you how many lines where busy.

Marshall"

Mine tells me how many are busy.

This is not BCM monitor this is the module when you look at the module it gives you a snap shot of how many lines are busy on the module. You do not get ISDN 30 in the US it not like any of your protocols. The BCM monitor lets you look at the 7 layer OSI protocols for diagnostic purposes. The bit I was talking about shows you how many lines are busy but does not break it down in to individual channels as Eduardoyus has stated.

Marshall

Then you should beable to see your channels in the BCM Monitor under Line Monitor as I can see mine.

Are there any configuration choices in the BCM that could relate to what kind of detail is shown in BCM Monitor ?

None that I know of.

I'm using ver 36.0.10.27 of the BCM Monitor and it works for me.

Thats strange that you don't get it on your BCM 200 3.6, I just installed 1 in Houston, TX and it show me all channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back