Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line to Line Forwarding vs WIndstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanJ44

Vendor
Nov 9, 2004
US
OK help, Trying to forward off premise using Windstream IP PRIs. The showstopper is station level caller ID OLI. If enabled when the call goes to the off premise Windstream blocks it cause the system is sending the callers number which is an illegal number to Windstream. If I allow Windstream to control the OLI all is well.
The kicker is, next door a sister company with same service and Norstar works just as needed. I have station level caller ID and off premise transfer.
Windstream says the only difference is one Norstar is not sending the caller's number and the other is.
I believe both MICS to be 6.1 but will verify this PM.
QUESTION IS, do I have the ability to send or not send the caller's number to the off premise number.
Thanks in advance.

That is a question for the carrier
Working with them for the third day.
They say both PRIs are the same.
Only difference is my Norstars. One sends and one doesn't send the caller's number to the off premise.

OLI will send the number unless carrier blocks it.
If I am allowed to send the OLI then they block the call forward because I'm sending the caller's number.
If I allow them to control the caller ID, then that must override the station level caller ID and allows the call to process.

Are you saying the OLI under each set on both sites are programmed?.
Yes, The working site has a sub-company that needs their own caller ID and it's working great along with call forwarding
The second site is setting up a sub-company and if Windstream allows station level (set OLI) then they block off premise call forward.

On the working system if you call forward the phone what number does the called party see for caller id?
The company number (set oli) or the number that you placed the original call from?

The reason I ask is because I don't know of any way to block or change the OLI if it is a forwarded call. The call needs to originate from the MICS to send the OLI. someone correct me if they know another way.

It should by rights give the number of the Norstar and not the number of the originating caller, 1 because it goes/forwards out on another channel or line regardless and 2. its toll fraud if otherwise?

I dont think you can control the forwarded call.

In Hardware/Card
Go to SND

Press CHANGE to select N (No Business name or OLI sent
with call)
or
Y (Yes: Business name and OLI sent with
call).

Is above same on both systems?.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Curlycord,

I will check those settings today! Standby.

Thanks

the one that works goes to a local celluar phone the other broke one is forwarding to a toll free number. However I used both 800 and local as test numbers with no success with either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back