Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line State Information 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmanOK

MIS
Mar 5, 2001
Is the line state of phones stored anywhere in the SQL database? I would like to show on my Intranet whether a particular person is on the phone or not. Does anyone have any idea if this is possible or how I could do it? Also where does CCM store the IP addresses of registered devices? I am trying to develop another ASP application that sends HTTP posts to the phone, and would like to be able to resolve a phone name to an IP address.

I believe this is done in all of the CCM.exe active memory.. But I could be wrong..

BuckWeet

I was afraid that was the case - I know that the attendant console software connects to the CM on a particular port to get line state information, but I was hoping it was just to get real time changes rather than because it is the only way to get the info. Thanks for the quick response though!

Adam

Cisco Line State information is stored in the active memory. However, TCD (Telephony Call Dispatcher) runs a 'Line State Service.'

Depending on your callmanager configuration, under TCD you can find out which port the Line state server is listening on... Running a TCPDUMP on this IP port while someone starts Web attendant is fairly trivial.

You can easily write a Perl socket application to issue the same commands to the LSS service, and generage a webpage.

Callmanager 3.3 is supposed to have an XML app (for IP phone services) called 'Cisco IP Manager Assistant' which administrators can get Line state for each other on their IP phone (quoted from: )

We have installed CCM 3.3, but we have not looked in to LSS, or the preinstalled 'services' just yet.

Brian McManus
CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, Spanlink IPCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back