Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line Side T1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Apr 21, 2003
Does anyone know how to setup a line side t1 on a avaya G3si for an IVR? Syntellect is asking me to provide them with a line side t1 and using a 22 gauge ABAM shielded, twisted pair cable with an RJ48C connector. I understand that the RJ48C will plug into the dialogic card, but how do I make the connection to the DS1 board? Will I need a CSU?

I am not 100% sure on this, As I dont know the requirements for the dialogic card. To make this connection i believe you will need a tn767 and the 120a csu, you then have a cable from the 120 to the dialogic. Most likely this will require a crossover cable.

Bob

With a line side T1 you do not have to use a CSU. We have ours set up as follows.

Line Coding: ami-zcs
Framing Mode: D4
Signaling Mode: robbed-bit
Near End CSU: other

The stations are assigned as DS1FD

Good Luck

BHanson

That is how we have our IVR T1 stations as well. Double check to make sure you have the pairs right. When we were setting ours up, the pairs were wrong but the IVR was "fooled" into that they were fine, the signaling came across and the T1 appeared that it was up. When we tried to make test calls it did not work. We got stuck on other things before going to the wiring.

Good luck!

-James
I love it when a difficult problem is resolved....

What is the proper wiring for this if you do not use a CSU? Thanks.

You just need to buy an avaya ds1 cable part #102938. When you get it both ends are going to have an amphenol connection. You need to plug one side to your switch on whatever slot you have your tn464 or 767. The other end you are gooing cut off the amphenol connection and use an rj48

The correct pin-out for the cable off the T1 card from amphenol to RJ48 is below.
Pin 48…………. Pin 1
Pin 23…………. Pin 2
Pin 47…………. Pin 5
Pin 22…………. Pin 4

Hope this helps

Could you use a regular Amphenol cable and the pinout continue to be the same?

I suppose you could the avaya ds1 cable comes with only the necesary pairs. If you are using an amphenol 25 pair cable it is going to make it prety hard to crimp down the RJ-48

Do it all the time
RJ-45 pin 1 to wh/or
pin 2 to or/wh
pin 4 to bl/wh
pin 5 to wh/bl
cut blue pair on pr22 and orange on pr23
of cable at wall fieald, set csu to other on ds1 form.
If it doesn't work switch bl and or at block.

i was doing some reading in this post and have a couple questions. We typically do a Tie T-1 in the PBX to the VRU.
How does it work when you use a DS1FD station.
Do you create a hunt group and have 24 DS1FD stations in that hunt group of the respective T-1 Channels?

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back