Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line Rings 1/2 Ring --->Goes Direct To VM 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdiross

Technical User
Oct 23, 2006
US
Hi,
I access Definity GEDI and Intuity Audix with Avaya Site Administration Tools

A subscriber has informed they were given a new phone line in our remote office. She said everything works but when she receives inbound calls. The phone will barely ring 1/2 a ring and go directly to vm.

I've checked everything in Definity and her COR and COS is the exact same setting as her neighbor who has the same job function.

Is there perhaps a key function she may have enabled on her 8410D set?

I also checked message manager and there is no other vm templates in conjunction with her default template.

Thank you for any help

stat stat xxxx" - look for SAC Activated?.
The user has Send All Calls (SAC) turned on.

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”

Thank you for responding. Is there a way I can have her turn this off with a key function on the phone herself? Or can I do this via site admin?

Pardon my inexperience. My main duties are changing displays and voicemails.

Thank you

you can have the user press the send calls button on the phone and the light will go out, and status station will no longer show send calls active.

you can add send calls xxxx (where xxxx is the user's station) on your phone and press the button.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

In addition, check your Feature Access Codes (disp fea) for "Send All Calls Activation/Deactivation" (user side) and "Remote Send All Calls Activation/Deactivation" (your side). I belive that you need Console permissions on your station in order to use the remote SAC feature access code.

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”

Thank you, I've sent an email and left a vm for the subscriber to check the SAC button on her phone. I will wait to hear back, (unfortunately they are in another state).

Thank you

This is what is on the phone. She said she has no Send All Calls button.
------------------------------
The following are the buttons I have on my phone Menu:

Prog
Pause
Mark
Wait
LWC
CnLWC
AutCB
Timer
CFrwd
CPark
TmDay
PCall

I have no Send Calls button
-------------------------------

I should also note, shes worked here for a few months. This onlys started last Friday.

In GEDI, "disp fea" will show your Feature Access Codes. Go to tab 3 and look about half way down and you'll see "Send All Calls Activation:" followed by a code. On my system it was set to "*3". There is also a deactivation code. On my system, it's "#3". If a user presses "*3", their extension will send all calls to their "cover" assignment (usually voicemail). To "unsend" calls, the user need to press the deactivation code.

Ok, it does show *3 enables and #3 disables in GEDI.

Does the subscriber just pickup the phone and press #3 to disable? Is there a trigger key they have to hit first?

Thank you for your help.

In order to cancel SAC, does the subscriber have a function key they have to hit before hitting #3 to deactivate? Or do they just open the line and hit #3

Thank you

Bravo, this has fixed the issue.
Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back