Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line ring to private extension, needs to go to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokussx4

Technical User
Jun 9, 2004
US
I have a line that is dedicated to a user and it rings and shows for only that person but that persons voicemail doesn't pickup that line if busy or no answer. Is there anyway to accomplish this? Thanks

do other calls to the same extension go to the mailbox?

did you program the line as a private line?

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Mind like a Steel trap - Once used forever clamped shut.

No other calls do not go to voicemail unless they are put directly into the VM of that extension. The line is programmed as a private line to that extension.

I think you are misunderstanding. I want the line 090 to go to ext 247's voicemail. What you are describing is a fwd no answer to another ext when 247 doesn't pick up.

when i do that it doesn't allow me to put in the ext 247. I went to the config menu terminals and sets> set 247 (the set i would be working on) fwd no answ option. When i try to press in 247 only 24 shows up.

you need to know the extension of the voicemail system that is what you put under fwd no ans. do a feature 985 and you'll see what the vm extension is.

Louie Roldan

That's the thing that is being misunderstood here. I don't want it to go to the main vm system, I want it to go directly to VM box 247 which is ext 247's VM box. Make sense?

You guys are great! Sorry for the trouble there, I just didn't quite understand the DN part. Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back