Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line Restriction

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITART

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2014
US
Hi, I'm new at Partner ACS phone system programming.
I have a phone system already setup long before me. Well Currently, when calls come in the AA pickups and you can press 0 for receptionist, or desired ext. I want to restrict some ext's from making and receiving calls. So what I would like is for the receptionist to pick up restricted ext's and then transfers the call. I tried changing this on #302 (4 no access) with our 4 lines, but when I test it the calls still get transferred from AA. Any suggestions? Thank You.

you could just remove the option for the extensions and have it all route through the receptionist rather than having an auto attendant. or you could set up a directory listing with the extensions you want to be able to receive calls only. that way the extensions that you dont want to receive calls would not be an option in the auto attendant menu

Well they like the auto attendant. I just noticed that there are 4 ext that have the program or feature I'd like. So I guess I only need 4 additional ext's to do the same.

What voicemail are you using? Partner Messaging, you can set Transfer Restrictions ON (default setting), and not create a mailbox or give transfer permissions to extension numbers. Then caller can not dial those numbers.

If you have Partner Voice Messaging (PC Card), you could use Selector Codes 1-9 to point to specific extensions, so the caller can't dial extension numbers directly.

Sorry this is on a remote location. Yes its is a Partner Voice Messaging. Selector Code worked thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back