Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line Redirection, MICS XC6.1, Redirecting appearing target line to external ph no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broadbased

Vendor
Feb 7, 2007
US
Attempted to set this up today.
Programmed ext. 8599 to allow line redirection
Programmed target line 224 (DID rec'd digits 8566)to appear and ring at 8599
Programmed target line 224 as public, ring at prime line 8599
From ext 8599 I activated F84, pressed intercom (using PRI) to dial out. entered 9, then area code and phone number to be forwarded to. Press the line button for the target line appearance, waited for line appearance icon to light up then press OK.
When I call the DID the calls rings once at ext. 8599 then rings in at the front desk phone ext. 8500 where there main ph. number DID is answered.
Tried to activate Line Redirection at another phone using different target line and different external forwarding number without success.
I can call into ext. 8599 with line redirection turned off and answer the call then transfer it out to an external number with no problem, wanted to make sure the carrier wasn't blocking us.

I guess this is the following of Thread799-1723089.

Broadbase said:
[…] we're an XC6.1 out here, would that have any limitations.

No.

Line Redirection (usually) just work.

There is only one limitation that I can think of. Line Redirection requires disconnect supervision on the incoming line. Since you have a PRI trunk, the CO tells your system when a call is released. It isn't an issue for you.

You can also prevent a set from redirecting its line, but that would prevent you from entering Line Redirection programming at all: you would get an error tone as soon as you pressed the 4 in Feature 84. It doesn't appear to be your case.

Broadbase said:
I sure would like to know why the line redirection doesn't work […]

Me too.

You can look at two things to try to get a clue.

First, after you finished programming Line Redirection, you can check whether it is actually redirected:
[ol 1]
[li]Enter the Button Inquiry feature by pressing Feature *0.[/li]
[li]Press the button of the target line that should be redirected.[/li]
[li]Press the SHOW softkey to see whether the line is redirected and, if so, at which number.[/li]
[/ol]

Second, when the 'failed' redirected call rings at extension 8500, is there any message on display?

Let us know what you find.

Thank you all for your suggestions, I'm truly baffled as I've used line redirection on MICS customers in the past and never encountered this problem.

I'm going out to a different MICS site tomorrow (same client)and attempting to setup the same operation. I'll keep you advised.

I did perform the button inquiry several times to verify that the line was redirected. Their operator did not see anything unusual in her display when the failed call arrived at the switchboard.

I will try some of your suggestions, pause after the 9, yes, dialing a 1 plus area code is required. Also will try putting the forward to number in a speed dial bin.

I'm wondering why the call defaults back to their reception phone, could there be something in ringing services that's controlling that?

I would have to check the NVRAM cart, is that something the version number in the Maintenance view could tell me? It's XC 6.1 which I thought would only work on release 02, but I'll check at their other site tomorrow.
Thanks,

It is possible your telco is denying the transfer. Line Redirect and or call forwarding requires the CO to enable trunk to trunk transfer on the PRI.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

I'm able to turn off redirect, answer the call then transfer it externally so don't think Telco is an issue, I don't think the call ever leaves the premise but instead goes straight to the operators phone

Have you tried to just do a Forward F 4 instead of line redirect.

We need to set this up without using a physical phone set and the phone we were testing the line redirection from is a phone that had multiple target lines and we only want one to forward/redirect outside. I ended up using an analog station off their ASM mod and forwarded to new route that I setup using a dest for the phone number, this seems to work okay. The goal of using line redirection seems like a cleaner approach. I'm going to another customer site today and will try it again.

Went to another site (same customer) today and attempted the same setup. Verified site is an MICS 6.1 XC USA.
Programmed T7316E for target line appear & ring, set capabilities line redirection to Y,
Programmed feature 84, intercom, 9 and the phone number for redirection and press the line appearance and OK. Called target line and the call goes to their receptionist.
After this failed I did a simple Feature 4 to the same outside number and it worked fine.

Went back to my old reliable using of an analog extension from an ASM8, created a route 003 with a dest. 777 to the outside number, set the extension to forward no answer to my dest. 777 after 2 rings, programmed the target line to appear only and it works like a champ.

How many intercom paths do have on the phones?

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back