Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line redirect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Five

Technical User
Dec 6, 2018
US
Hello. New to the forum here. I know it's a Nortel system, not sure of our system version or anything but when someone calls our line 5 directly, as soon as we pick up (on any phone) the caller gets immediately redirected to one of our vendors phone number. When I do a button inquiry, it shows that it is not redirected. We are using M7310 and M7208 phones. Can anyone tell me the reason for this? Thank you in advance...

You really should call you Nortel vendor in this case in to test and prove if KSU or Carrier issue.

What happens if you do not answer the call?
Does it happen with any caller?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thank you curlycord. We ran into this issue a while back where line 3 was call forwarded to a co-workers friend. Don't know how that happened either. However, Verizon was able to detect it was in fact call forwarded and was able to remove it. Verizon tells us that this is not the case with our line 5. My best guess would be that someone hit the wrong combination of buttons somewhere along the way when calling said vendor. And it looks like if we don't pick up, still goes to our vendor, not our voicemail. And yes, happens with any caller.

Then the tech needs to remove the line and test the theory.

Do people have this so called vendors number programmed on their phone? or programmed in a system speed dial?
Maybe the number is programmed as a Forward No Answer at reception set (or one of the others sets that are told to ring on incoming calls) so the tech would need to look at that too.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Unfortunately, we do not have a phone guy or phone vendor. Everyone we try calling to come look at it will not due to it being so antiquated and they just want to try selling us a new system. Everything I've learned about this system I've taught myself in the past couple days. All our phones ring on incoming calls. I'll see if I can figure how to check those settings you mentioned to see if maybe that is the case.

Not a tech guy really. I do know just enough to mess things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back