Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line Prefix issue(s) in 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipo412

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2006
US
I am having an issue with the Prefix setting on the line.

Currently users have to dial 9 to get an outside line, I should also mention that my area requires 10 digit dialing.

In the prefix of the line we had 91, this would enable calling a number back from the log on the phone. I have had to change this to just "1". If I have it set to 91, when the user tries to call back from the log on the phone it dials two 9s.

Having only the "1" would be ok, except from Phone Manager when I try and make a call by double clicking a call in the log I receive an busy signal on the phone and the display says INCOMPATIBLE Disc.

Any thoughts?

?Would these by 46/56 series IP phones?

The 46settings.txt file also adds a 9 to outgoing calls as well.

The only change around line prefixes of which I aware in 4.0 is that the prefix set on particular lines is no longer stripped from outgoing dialing.

Yes, they are 4600's. I will take a look at the txt file.

did you use lcr before ?
lcr is changed in to ars and don't use the secondairy dailtone anymore
this is all changed automaticly when you upgrade

tlpeter,

I did not use LCR previously (at least that I was aware of), but I beliveve you are on to something. I had previously made a bunch of shortcodes that allowed the outgoing DID to be shown when calling our cell phones so we knew who (inside our office) was calling us. These are no longer short codes, but are entries in ARS.

How does this affect my Prefix settings and PhoneManager dialing?

Also, If I want to have another Line, do I need to create another ARS, say [8] or something?

if it affects prefix or phonemanager setting i don't know
depends on the config
for another line you make an ars entrie like your normal ars entrie for an outside line
if you want to use a different ougoing line then give it that line id
also you have to make a short code with :

feature : 8N
function: dial
telephone number:N
line id: the ars entrie you made

it is easy but you have to think a bit different now

also don't forget to check the box secondairy dialtone if used

Anyone know how to set the 46settings.txt file so that the IP phones won't add the nine. I tried "SET PHNOL " but then the didn't the CID at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back