Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

line pools 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickg47

Technical User
Oct 11, 2006
CA
Have lines 1-4 in line pool A. Dial 9 access. 4th line used by fax from ata. I want to change
the lines to direct pick up, however it will start with line 4. By putting lines
1-3 in line pool A for direct pickup and line 4 in pool B for direct pickup. Is there a way
to hunt to pool B if all lines are busy in pool A

if u have newer version of software you should be able to us routing with overflow when the 3 lines are in use "if your talking about outbound calls". Inbound is your provider on hunt.

Pretty much retired from telecom and now grow and sell perennials from April-November and Ski from Nov-April

Direct pickup of Lines 1-3 outgoing. L4(fax)outgoing if L1-L3 busy.

Yes, it is possible to search for a free line across multiple line pools.

However, the system doesn't search the line pools in order. That is, the system doesn't search Pool A before Pool B, nor Pool B before Pool C. Instead, the system searches from the greatest line number to the lowest line number. That is, the system starts with Line 004, then Line 003 and so on.

So, if you want to pick lines in a particular order, you have to change the order of the lines on the distribution block. In your case, the fax line would become Line 001 and the other lines would become Line 002 through Line 004. I will use this line numbering in the rest of the post.

In other words, line pools cannot be used to choose the order in which free lines are picked. Line pools are used to restrict line access from certain sets. They are also used to route calls on specific lines, as luv2ski mentioned.

Here is what you need to program to search a free line across multiple line pools:

[ol 1]
[li]Put the lines in line pools. The lines can be in the same line pool or they can be in different line pools.[/li]
[li]Allow each set that needs to make outgoing calls to access the lines pools.[/li]
[li]Remove any line pool access code.[/li]
[li]Set the external access code to 9.[/li]
[/ol]

Now, when users want to make an outgoing call, they press an Intercom button (or pick up the receiver, if Intercom is their prime line) and dial 9. The system searches from the greatest line number to the lowest line number and selects the first free line. The system skips the lines that are in a pool that the set is not allowed to access.

By direct pick up I mean that you pick up the handset and you get dialtone from the first free line in the pool without pressing any line keys. With the fourth line being also used for a fax it was always getting picked up 1st, so as multimedium stated I could change the jumpering on the trunk swapping L4 to 1st trunk and L1 to 4th trunk.
Thanks guys,simple solution, I was looking to get too complcated

Just so you know, this feature is called Prime Line.

For example, you could put all the lines in Pool A. Then, you could set the prime line of the sets to Pool A. That way, when a user picks up the handset, a free line of Pool A is automatically selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back