Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

line pool and caller id

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxkid1

Technical User
May 29, 2005
US
Hello everyone. I am trying to help someone over the phone to program caller id on there CICS system. I am not sure what software version they have. They have 2 lines in line pool A. The set they wish to have CID displayed on has line 1 and 2 set to appear and ring and line pool A is set as the prime line. The 1st display is set as number and Called ID is set to Yes for that station. However the option to enable Caller ID for the lines is missing. When you go to Telco Features/Feature Assign/Lines there is no option for Caller ID. I think if the lines are set to Public instead of Line Pool that option would be available. However I didn't want to mess anything up with the pool or prime lines on the other sets by changing that, until I did some investigating.

Thanks in advance for the help

in order for caller ID to show up the line has to be set to ring or appear and ring under Terminals&Sets>>line assignment>>Line:___. when a line is set to ring then you can go to terminals&sets>>Telco Features>>Feture assign>>Show LIne>>CallerIDSet:

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

If the S/W is older in line programing is where you tell it who the CLID set is. This version only 1 set will display the CLID while it is ringing.

The phone has both lines set to appear and ring. I will have him go through the line programing and see if we can find something on the CLID. Thanks again

Don't overlook the obvious, either. Have him take a look at the KSU. If the line card doesn't say "CI" on it, it's probably not equipped for caller id.

i will have him also look at the card, another guy at work ordered it and gave it to another guy to install it. could have sent the wrong card

Kind of a note: there is no option to enable the caller ID, if you have the card that it is available on then caller id is turned on. you will see the caller id on a call after you have answered the call. (as long as the telco has turned that on for the outside lines) a couple of quick ways to verify this is hook up a caller id plain phone to the line at the demark and see if you get the info. second hook up a butt set and monitor between the first and second ring to listen for the fsk tones.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back