Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line Numbers in MS VC++ 6.0 IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas1326

Programmer
Jun 25, 2002
US
I have got some gigantic source files to clean up and line numbers in the VC++ IDE would be helpful. I have dug all over in the IDE and cannot find a switch. I never really needed the line numbers before so I never thought about it. Is this an option or does anyone know of an easy way to set this up? Seems funny that Microsoft would leave out such a basic feature.

Look in the lower right hand part of the VC++ window. There should be box that tells you the current line and column number you are on. As for displaying the line numbers right next to the code, I don't know if it supports that.

I am probably spoiled by writing scripts in vi and Java code in UltraEdit which can place the line numbers next to the code. UltraEdit also shows row and column like MSVC. Really nothing more than a personal preference. Anyway, no it is not basic, and we can all be thankful of that. The thing is that the code edit window in MSVC is nothing more than a glorified notepad, so you would think this would be easy to stick in their. Oh well.e

I am probably spoiled by writing scripts in vi and Java code in UltraEdit which can place the line numbers next to the code. UltraEdit also shows row and column like MSVC. Really nothing more than a personal preference. Anyway, no it is not basic, and we can all be thankful of that. The thing is that the code edit window in MSVC is nothing more than a glorified notepad, so you would think this would be easy to stick in their. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back