Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

line drops & then I can't dial out

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdrake61

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2002
US
Around the same time in the afternoon, some of the people get their calls dropped while talking on the phone. Then when they try to make an outside call they get a busy signal. This lasts for a few minutes and then they are able to dial out again. I tried to dial my cell phone when this was going on and got the same results. A busy signal. I have had the phone company to check the line and so far they have found nothing. We have a Definity System G 3. Ver. 8
Can some of you wizzards help me out with this problem.

Sure sounds like a trunking problem to me. I woudl set up measurements on trunk groups & route patterns (cha measurements command) A couple of days later you might be able to see what is happening. Also i woudl try doing a trace on a station when this occurs & see where the call routes. Do a list trace sta XXXX & sit on it.

Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

When every thing is working fine, I do a list trace station and it shows me the # I dialed, the routing patter, and the trunk group it goes out on.

When I get the fast busy signal when I dial out. I do a li tra sta # and nothing happens. It is like the trunks are full and won't process the call.

Might be a TDM or blocking issue. Try "list meas block pn yester". If it's a call center, you may have overloaded your port network.

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back