Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line Coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpski

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2002
US
Hello. I am trying to change the line coding on one of my DS1 boards from AMi-ZCS to b8zs and it will nto let me as the board is in use. When trying to busyout the board I get the error cannot busyout on-line sync source.
How can I correct this?

Thanks

Will

The change sync form is using the DS1 as the system clock/

You will have to remove the DS1 crad as the promary source.

If you have another DS1 card in the system running pri, then use that card to sync the clocking or enter tone-clock temporarily

Netcon1

thansk for your reply. I chaned the sync but now I am getting the error cannot change while port is installed

ANy thoughts

Will

You will probably need to remove all the channels from any trunk groups.
The command "list configuration station" will show all DS1 cards. Find the one you want to change and check to see if any of the ports are assigned. If they are, the command "display port UUCSSPP" will tell you what trunk group / member it is assigned to. "Change trunk XX" will allow you to remove that member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back