Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line chart with 2 X Axis

Status
Not open for further replies.

groitblat

Technical User
Mar 25, 2009
US
Doesn't seem to be possible but thought I'd see if perhaps I missed something. I have a customer who wants to see 2 unique X-Axis data points as to reference the intersection of two trendlines from Y axis data.
I can do each on it's own chart but customer is hoping to see it all on one chart.....

Example of what they want to see if attached in an image format

Any help or creative solutions to what looks like something excel 2010/2013 can't do would be appreciated.

Thanks

-groitblat

Ugh attachment clearly didn't work......
and can't figure out how to insert an image .....

So basically a chart with 2 y axis points on both right & left side & the x -axis data would be
Heart rate as one data set on X with Tick marks
The miles per hour as other data set on X axis with no tick marks.

thanks

To do this you need a chart that displays a secondary vertical axis. It should be easy to do that with your data. You can hide the secondary vertical axis by choosing axis options if you wish.

Click a chart that displays a secondary vertical axis.

This displays the Chart Tools, adding the Design, Layout, and Format tabs.
On the Layout tab, in the Axes group, click Axes.

Click Secondary Horizontal Axis, and then click the display option that you want.

Never miss an opportunity to shut up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back