Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line Chart - Suppressing Display of 0's and Nulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waynehixson

IS-IT--Management
Sep 29, 2005
US
I have a line chart displaying two lines - budget per month and actuals per month. I want to suppress display of the actuals line for future dates, rather than have it drop down to 0. I can filter out data where actuals = 0, but then the chart stops displaying any months beyond the current one, and I want to display the budget line to year's end.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I am assuming that the report is in Impromptu. If this is the case, you can use the summary filter and prefilter options.

I think this is right, I seem to recall doing a YTD/period to date Impromptu report like this.

summary filter
Code:
actuals = 0

This will have the same effect as what you have already done. But...

On each of the budget fields, either tick the calculate before filter box or add the word 'prefilter' to the end of the field/calculation.

For the prefiltered fields, it will be as if the filter were not added.

Hope it helps

Kevin

Rock is Dead (Long Live Paper and Scissors)**************************************************************

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back