Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

maj213

MIS
Dec 6, 2006
US
I've never had any training on the BCM and have been stumbling my way through it for a year now. Does anyone know where I can find a nice beginer tutorial on the do's and don'ts?

Ex. I'm confused on Line Assignments. My organization has 3 sites, each w/ it's own BCM (400 and 200) and the mailboxes are stored on a central CallPilot. There have been a variety of issues w/ people's phone either when moving locations or creating new extensions/voice mail. What I have been trying to do is compare all the settings in the BCM >Services>Telephony Services>System DNs>Active DNs. The one thing I often see is that a DN doesn't have a Line assigned to it. Please explain why this is needed and how it's done. I'm not sure how to tell which lines are available to assign or which are already in use. Some DN's have multiple lines assigned while some have 0.

Thanks for the help,
BCM newbie

No help out there?

I have an issue w/ people from other sites calling certain numbers and instead of going to their voice mail box, it gets routed to the reception phone. The only difference I found between these extensions an other working ones were that they didn't have any Line Assignment. I assigned a Line but that hasn't appeared to solve the problem.

I would really appreciate any help w/ this.

-Mike

I guess your request was too broad / general.

* there is no tutorial as such, there is a quick start guide - and all the docs are on the BCM itself. training can be gotten at Global knowledge or someone like that
* Quick one will be to get the installer to give a few hours of training

that said - call not going to VM - check the setting for that extension Call Fwd No answer

also check the Prime of each set it should be the ext of the set not 221

It's only dialtone-VZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back